Friday, December 31, 2004

Abortion

Murder.

That’s what I think of when I hear pro-choice. How come death in the news is so tragic, but when it comes to killing babies, it’s the choice of the mother? I guess the liberal argument is that a baby in a woman’s womb is not a life yet. In my opinion, that just seems like rationalizing an immoral act. Even if it isn’t fully developed, it is still a human. A toddler is a human, and it’s not fully developed.

One argument I’ve heard that supports this is that a baby in the womb cannot survive on without the mother. Babies outside of the womb can’t survive alone either. Even some old people can’t survive on their own, occasionally, they need tubes going into their bodies to feed them and keep them alive. Are they not humans too?

One of the only good things about having the Scott Peterson trail on TV 24-7 is that the verdict accepts the fact that an unborn child is a human. You can't convict him of murdering his son if it really isn't a son.

Whether you agree or disagree with me, I would like comments on this post, it would be nice to see where other people are coming from, especially on this topic.

Fighting for truth, justice, and the capitalistic way

4 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, December 31, 2004, Blogger YoungRightWinger said...

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate your contrebution. It's great to hear from someone who you agree with. I don't see how someone could defend their beliefs of abortion. I hope liberals aren't intimidated an will still post comments.

 
At 6:30 PM, December 31, 2004, Blogger Pat in NC said...

YRW, You made my day with well thought out argument. It gives this old woman hope in the future of our nation that such young people are able to think logically and come to a moral conclusion. Life is worth protecting and many an unplanned pregnancy in my generation turned out to be a very special blessing for the parents. Many babies given for adoption have sought their birth mother and find that they have remained in the mother's heart for many years and the children are thankful they were not aborted.

 
At 12:50 AM, January 01, 2005, Blogger Chap said...

Yeah, I hadn't spent too much time thinking about it...until my son came along.

I don't hold a faith that every sperm is sacred. A cluster of ten cells does not to me seem to be a human being.

On the other hand, at week 33 this unnamed kid is kicking around and doing baby things inside mom.

Some intermediate point seems right to me. But what?

Hoo boy a toughie for someone like me who doesn't hold the dogma of either end being the Answer.

 
At 11:56 PM, January 01, 2005, Blogger Patty-Jo said...

Thank you for having the courage to stand firm in your convictions and speak out for your beliefs. I also believe that when an egg is fertilized it becomes a life. Not five, seven or nine months later, but at that very moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Ecosystem Details