Thursday, November 18, 2004

Liberal Talk Radio

The other night, I was listening to the radio, and thought it might be interesting to see what lies were being spewed out over "Air America", the liberal talk radio station. To sum my experiance up, it was very boring, had bad messages which were not supported, and it was slanderous.

I can’t remember the name of the guy who was bloviating those non-sensicle ideas, but it was horrible. On public air waves, it is extremely discriminatory to call an entire group of people you don’t even know “asses.” Not only did he do that, but he called President Bush’s secret service people “bastards.” After this I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and while I was brushing I couldn’t really hear what he was saying, but every few seconds he screamed loud enough that I heard him yell “fagot”. After he finished spouting expitives, he took a caller and when the caller started to swear, the host cut him off claiming the they couldn't have that kind of language on the show.

Even if this shouldn’t be censored, I do think it is very dumb. I have never heard his Right Wing counterparts on the radio swear that much even when you put them together, and I been listening to conservative talk radio for 2 and a half years. When you host a radio show, or any show for that matter, it is a very bad idea just to insult people and call them names without backing it up. You should present your ideas and then support them with facts or reasoning. He never took callers that disagreed with him, so he never had to actually argue or prove his point. Throughout the entire time I listened, he had underlying themes that seemed to suggest that christianity is a horrible religion but every other religion is fine.

If that isn’t bad, he then proceeded to impersonate conservatives and start to yell out very hateful statements of the like that follows: “I hate gays, I hate muslims, I hate liberals, I hate Jews”, and many other uncalled-for phrases (I think that it is kind of ironic that he mentioned hating Jews, because the conservatives are the only ones who are truly helping the nation of Israel; the liberals are actually the ones who indescriminatly hate Israel and Jewish values). It was the most hateful rant I have ever heard and he was saying that conservatives actually think this, which is completely untrue. It really does show the level that liberals have stooped down to.

If you’re not with us, you’re against us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Ecosystem Details