Tuesday, February 15, 2005

This is Going to Kill Us

Things like this could lead to the end of civilization.

Now it is illegal for parents to use "disciplinary smacks" in any form, including physical and emotional in the Netherlands. I'm certainly not for child abuse, but if they want their country filled with self-centered jerks with a need for instant gratification, than they are on the right track.

There are exceptions to every rule, but if you can't discipline children physically, or even emotionally, how are you supposed to hold them responsible or keep them in line? I say this as a teenager growing up around all types of kids; the most irresposible, thoughtless and selfish kids are the ones whose parents never discipline them. This is on average, like I said at the beginning of this paragraph, there are exceptions, but I know I wouldn't be a very good person if my parents didn't discipline me.

I hope this never happens in America. I, for one, don't want a country filled with self-centered jerks. [hat tip: Jack Lewis]

Fighting for truth, justice, and the capitalistic way

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Ecosystem Details