Thursday, December 09, 2004

The Red Cross

I don't understand this citizen of the world junk. Yes, I live in the world, but I am a citizen of the United States of America, not a citizen of the world. This all has to do with the Red Cross accusing the U.S. of torturing prisoners in Guantanamo. Apparently the Red Cross can no longer decipher the good guys from the bad guys.

"...an explosive charge by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) that the United States has employed interrogation methods that are "tantamount to torture" against foreign enemy combatants detained at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The weaseling use of tantamount to is no accident. It is meant to blur significant definitional lines — all the easier to force on the United States the ICRC's utopian vision of "binding" international law, and end-run the actually binding laws that the American people, through their own constitution, have enacted in pursuit of their own security."

This is a great article from National Review Online that explains the whole Red Cross BS.

If you're not with us, you're against us

3 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, December 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site YoungRightWinger, I found to be very interesting. When I was searching for yours was the most eyecatching. While working on my site I have been seeking ways to make it better and found yours to be helpful. Thanks!

 
At 5:55 PM, December 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site YoungRightWinger, I found to be very interesting. When I was searching for yours was the most eyecatching. While working on my site I have been seeking ways to make it better and found yours to be helpful. Thanks!

 
At 4:50 AM, December 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site YoungRightWinger, I found to be very interesting. When I was searching for Amvets yours was the most eyecatching. While working on my site Amvets I have been seeking ways to make it better and found yours to be helpful. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Ecosystem Details