Monday, January 10, 2005

'Florida Rolf'

Rolf John is a German citizen who claimed that living in Germany made him depressed, so he moved to Florida. Apperently Germany has welfare coverage for people who are 'depressed' and the German government gave Mr. John $2,2oo a month; that encompassed $875 for his Miami Beach House!

Recently, the government of Germany decided to remove his benefits and he was forced to move back to germany. The government is finally considering revamping it's welfare laws; they should have done this years ago considering unemployment rates are through the roof.

Inadvertently, Rolf John may have helped Germany finally reform it's welfare laws, which was much needed.

Fighting for truth, justice, and the capitalistic way

6 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, January 11, 2005, Blogger The CO said...

Hmm, got any figures for the unemployment? If so, please drop me an email.

 
At 6:28 PM, January 11, 2005, Blogger Papa Ray said...

Hey, this is even better !!

"According to the Bild, currently 1055 Germans in 83 countries receive welfare, which is estimated to cost a total of €5.5 million".

My ol' cal-cu-la-tor says that works out to:

well, that can't be right...52 thousand apiece, is this per year or do I not know where to put periods or comma's. Damn, I need to move to Duch-land.

I'm living on $946.00 a month retirement. Damn, I'm in the wrong country!

THIS is my post

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

 
At 6:59 PM, January 11, 2005, Blogger YoungRightWinger said...

Yeah, the unemployment rate is 10.8% as of December. It's been constantly going up since '98.

 
At 7:02 PM, January 11, 2005, Blogger YoungRightWinger said...

Casual Observer, I tried to email the rate to you, but my computer wouldn't let me do it through the link on your site, so I just had to put it up here

 
At 12:03 AM, January 12, 2005, Blogger CaliValleyGirl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:16 AM, January 12, 2005, Blogger CaliValleyGirl said...

Cute blog. I don't want to be patronizing, I really mean it. You passion is great. I wish I had been as involved with politics at your age as you guys are. Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Ecosystem Details