Wednesday, January 05, 2005

'Under God' Attacked Yet Again

A man in San Fransico is sueing for having the pledge having 'Under God' in it, for his second time! These lawsuits are ridiculous. Stuff like this is making freedom of religion into freedom of no religion.

"He did not want his young daughter exposed to the words 'under God'"

What, is he that afraid she might start to believe in it? There are many arguments people use to defend taking out 'Under God', but this is the worst. I don't want her exposed to it? That's bogus.

Everything the U.S. is founded on is based on Judeo-Christian values. This doesn't mean that you have to be Jewish or Christian, or anything, to appreciate and agree with the values that have brought our law to this great nation.

That is a very simple and widely used argument; I'm not afraid to use it because it is the absolute truth and Judeo-Christian values are the roots of modern law.

Fighting for truth, justice, and the capitalistic way

2 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, January 06, 2005, Blogger J'myle said...

I don't think they should take ‘Under God’ out of the pledge either. But have you taken your reasoning to the logical conclusion?

“I don't want her exposed to it? That's bogus.”

True enough. I assume you support universal, comprehensive sex education in, say, junior high school, and you don't think parental permission should be required because ‘I don't want my child exposed to it’ is bogus reasoning.

(And as to “Judeo-Christian Values”—what are they, anyway? Not the Bible. After all, the First Amendment of the Constitution directly contradicts commandments one to five and ten, and the Constitution is the supreme law of this land (Article VI, sec. 2) so clearly, either the Ten Commandments are not “Judeo-Christian Values” or this country isn't based on them as much as you claim.)

 
At 6:04 PM, January 06, 2005, Blogger YoungRightWinger said...

Yes, I have taken it to a logical conclusion. First off, saying 'Under God' is not going to even expose you to anything; that is why I say this is 'bogus reasoning.' Sex Ed and Parental Permission are much more than two words.

As to the Judeo-Christian Values, broadly, they are more of the social morals that you should live your life like, but I'm not going to explain any more it here, because it would take way to long and it is explained many other place on the web (here's a good one: http://www.townhall.com/columnists/dennisprager/dp20050104.shtml)

Thanks for the comment, and I'm sorry that I wasn't more clear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Ecosystem Details