Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Crazy Radical Lawyer

The story of Lynne Stewart is disgusting. She was a lawyer who was passing messages from her terrorist client to his "violent followers." Why? Why would someone do that? Who knows, she could have been the catalyst for the killings of innocent people. She has been convicted, but she has been granted the opportunity of staying free on bail until her appeal has been heard by higher courts.

I do think she should be punished, not because I think she will do it again, but out of principle. She committed a serious crime, and she has to face the repercussions. The defense presented her "recent bout with cancer" as reason not to punish her, but terrorism is a serious issue, and she should have thought about the consequences before she consciously aided the terrorist.

“This is a great victory against an overreaching government,” Ms. Stewart said, returning to her familiar feisty rhetoric, as she was embraced by her husband, Ralph Poynter, and her three grandchildren. “I hope the government realizes their error, because I am back out,” she said. “And I am staying out until after an appeal that I hope will vindicate me, that I hope will make me back into the lawyer that I was.”

I'm sorry, but I fail to see the victory and the only error is being to soft on her. She should not be allowed to practice law and she should face the consequences.

Fighting for truth, justice, and the capitalistic way

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Ecosystem Details