Saturday, April 16, 2005

Teachers! (said with exaperation)

Teaching is another career dominated by liberals. It is extremely noticeable in the classes of: history, social studies, art, and sometimes music. But would you ever think health? I didn't until earlier this week.

Here we are in our cancer unit, and one day at the beginning of the hour, the dastardly deed occurs. He puts a video tape in the VCR and says that it has nothing to do with the unit we're in, but no further explanation is given. He presses play, and a clip from one of the late night shows comes on. It is showing George W. Bush giving a speech, and there is a kid standing behind and to the side of him. There is a big arrow indicating that we are supposed to watch him. He starts yawning, looking bored, looking at his watch, and other such disrespectful acts. This clip goes on a minute or two, and when it is done, my teacher doesn't say anything more except that he thought it was funny and that he thought we should see it.

He was obviously showing this to rip on the, twice, elected President, in a place where he had no such reason to. It's months after the election and they are still campaigning for Kerry. I don't understand liberals, I truly don't.

Fighting for truth, justice, and the capitalistic way.

2 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, April 17, 2005, Blogger Qristina said...

Just because Bush won the election doesn't mean that "liberals", as you so broadly generalize, are going to suddenly begin fauning over GW. There are plenty of "republicans" who "rip" on Kerry and other "liberals" all in the name of politics.

I could go on, but I won't, because in this world of propaganda any one can find any statement to back up their side of the argument. I honestly doubt that truth exists anymore and I do not want some bigoted supremacist telling me what I should and should not believe.

 
At 9:45 AM, May 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi young conservative,

I'm a conservative teacher and I'm surprised that that your school doesn't have a policy restricting teachers from advocating their political beliefs. Most schools have a professional standards code forbidding their faculty to use the classroom for supporting a political group. Ask your parents to call the principal and inquire about the policy. Mirramele

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Ecosystem Details